Friday 12 September 2008

Broadbean scarf

The broadbean scarf has received rave reviews, both from the optician this morning and the woman in the pound shop this afternoon, so I think it's safe to say that it's officially A Success.

I ought to point out that it wasn't originally intended to look like broad beans, but I'm happy with the way it has turned out.

All the casting on and casting off meant that it took the longest time to make. Although I speeded up as I got better at this knitting thing, each bean took about 1 hour at the beginning, reduced to perhaps 40 mins per bean at the end.
On the other hand, skinny £1-a-ball acrylic yarn goes a long way, so you can see how long the scarf is, from a single ball.
Finished Cost:
yarn - £1
4mm needles - £1.50
time - 54 beans @ 45 mins each - 40 hours (ouch, next time remind me not to do that calculation)

No comments: