Wednesday 17 September 2008

A work in progress


I thought I'd list a WIP so that I've got something to put under the sewing tag and maybe to encourage me to get on with it. This dress is in an orangey-red linen and has orange piping. I started it when it was warm and sunny, and now it's cold and rainy I'm not very inclined to finish it. It's my first go at piping, and the piping isn't brilliant, but I didn't have a piping foot so I used a zipper foot.

Annoyingly I was 10cm short of piping, but when I went to get more I bought a piping foot, so maybe the rest of it will be better. I'll try to get it finished when I get back from my holiday, otherwise I think it might be a work-in-progress for another 6 months, until Spring!

It's from this pattern, view 3 (blue polka dots) but I'm going to add the pockets from view 2.

No comments: